Thursday 22 September 2011

Housekeeping note.

I'm looking at my blog from the Google Chrome browser, and my blog's configuration doesn't seem to suit viewing from Google Chrome at all.
The writing's too white, so I heartily apologise to Chrome users for having to put up with this. I don't know for certain, but I suspect Internet Explorer (is that still what you call it these days?) users might be putting up with some problem too, because I adjusted my blog's setting while looking at it from Firefox, so I tag on an apology for you guys too, just in case. Same goes to you Safari users. Basically this expression of contrition is extended to anyone who isn't reading this from Firefox.

But I can't change the setting because:
1. How do you make a blog's setting fit three (or more) sort of browsers? The answer is 'with great difficulty', and perhaps compromising on style, and the thought of doing that itself is making me lazy. I generally only do these tweakings in a burst of sudden energy (same goes for tidying my desk), which is quite absent now.

2. I can't tweak it to suit Chrome, or Internet explorer, or Safari, because the statistics say that most people who reads the blog read it with firefox's browser. So it's sensible to leave it as it is.

So yes, the best browser to look at this from is Firefox. I'm not demanding enough to say people who use other browsers should flock to Firefox to view my blog because it's some sort of magnum opus you should switch browsers for. But I'm explaining why this might look funny on your browser, and saying sorry for it.
So technically, the title is slightly misleading. No housekeeping done whatsoever, just akin to a housekeeper going, 'Mmm, not very neat is it? Sorry about that.'

(no, I don't know if this is what I came to write before this. It might be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment