Tuesday 21 June 2011

Get Bored, and Carry On.

I have nothing to do now, at least nothing that the rest of the world deems fit for me to do to fulfill their definition of 'achievement', so I've been mostly flitting from one book to another, one subject to another, learning a bit here and there until I feel unsettled again, give up the thing, and pursue another.

I've picked up (and fallen in love with) the theoretical part of astrophysics and physics from Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything; loved Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations (economics); just finished learning HTML; went a bit into Freud's Dream Interpretation (psychology); and sense I'll move on to languages, and the more technical part of economics (wtf is derivatives?). I'm also reading Dostoevsky, and occasionally picking up books I've read, for comfort. Now I'm wondering if I should start on xml, or if I should rewrite Tony Buzan's interesting, yet infuriating, memory book (infuriating because it's written in the cult-leader, motivational speaker-like tone).

The wide range of subject I've been flitting about in amazes me, actually; and for someone who, for most of he time, thinks whatever I do is horrid rubbish, I'm quite proud of this restless flitting about.

No comments:

Post a Comment