Saturday 13 August 2011

Postscript

By the way, for those of you over the targeted age group, I exhort you to buy The Princess Diaries for your teenage nieces and daughters.

You wouldn't think it's anything but frivolous (being about princesses and being so very pink), and the dialogue will probably irritate you if you're over 16, but it's also a great source of odd information.

From the series, I know that:

- if you're in New York City, bagels are the things you should go for.
(my God, come to think of it, if I'm at NYC, I'd consider doing nothing but eating and rambling around their streets)
- the whole of Yellowstone Park being a caldera (a really really dangerous volcano), and it will explode any time soon.
- movies like Blade Runner are dystopic movies, and they happen to be very good.
- a lot of stuff about science.
- the french for grandmother is 'grandmere'.
- Dolphins might die if you don't snip your plastic six-pack holders.
- a lot of environmental, PETA things.
- a bunch of vocabulary.
- information about some good books that led me to reading them.

And these are jut the things I am coming up with off-the-cuff; plenty other bits of information that pops up intuitively when I need them.

Bless.

And I don't need to tell you about Harry Potter of course. Because they're just good.

No comments:

Post a Comment