Thursday 10 November 2011

In a limbo between sleep and wakefulness.

Oh darlings, I'm tired, so tired today.
There's this blockage at the part of my eyes nearest to my nose. It's the point from which this tiredness emanates - I'm sluggy, I can't concentrate well, and all I want to do is sleep it away. There isn't enough work done to make me happy - most of my time was spent moping listlessly between my bed and my computer, a battle between wills - the desire to sleep, and the desire to be productive.
And dearies, I've tried everything that would normally work - the tea, the naps, the nasal inhaler. Blowing my nose, clearly my nasal pathways, breathing in a specific way; nothing worked. In my desperation, I even tried walking around the living room, vigorously, for 15 minutes - that didn't work either.
Is it hormones? My slothful, unhealthy lifestyle finally catching up with me? Is it a sign that my sinus problem really needs to be looked into? I can't know.

Meanwhile, I do hope I don't wake up like this tomorrow. Please, ye Gods of productivity. Bestow upon me energy and vitality and if you can, inspiration. I am determined to send in well-researched, well-written assignments, things that I can really be proud of - it'd be a waste to let this determination go to waste just because I'm too tired. Any help you can spare would be much appreciated. Thanks.

X
Mei Yen.

No comments:

Post a Comment