Saturday 19 November 2011

Well, darlings, assignment fever is upon us again. This is, genuinely, stressful yet exciting. Anything with a deadline and expectations are generally stressful yet exciting.
It's also in times like these that I most often imagine sequences of self-harm. It typically comes hand-in-hand with a sort of desperation, which probably instigated the sequences anyway. Entirely cartoonish, but they would, morbidly, involve stabbing myself in the abdomen with a pencil, or putting a gun to my head and pulling its trigger. The sequences have a sort of tragicomedy feel to them, and are entirely unreal; they're probably an outlet, my instinctive way to resolve the desperation.
Well it's better than beating someone up or overeating or kicking poor kittens, I suppose. Entirely in the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment