Friday 11 November 2011

I should have had a schedule.

It's almost bedtime now, so I'm worn out. Hmm, funny, I thought I've had a very productive day, but on review, I'd only chalked up about 6 pages worth of notes? Come now, that's ridiculous.

The deadline for my assignment is exactly next week, the 17th, and that impending deadline is sending me into a slight panic. I've planned to start writing today, a week before the deadline, but I'm not happy with the amount of information I've amassed, notwithstanding the fact that 40 A4 pages of small script sounds monstrous. So today, and I fear, tomorrow, must be spent in a slight panic, clutching whatever I can to my bosom of notes, while intermittently berating myself for procrastinating. A bit like a flurried squirrel gathering nuts for the quickly-approaching winter, in fact. Squirrels are lovely things, and a friend did say I'm positively squirrel-like in nature, minus the buck tooth and fondness for nuts, so squirrel-analogy it is.

The self-criticising part of me has leaned back and looked at what I've written so far, and said that I've given this impression that I'm diligent and studious and hardworking, and spared no effort when it comes to doing this assignment. Oh, if only you'd known! On the contrary, I don't think I've done enough. I feel like I'm missing something somehow, some important article citing figures, a nice research to make things definite. And the writing part is positively scary - really, a roller coaster ride or a jaunt through a haunted house isn't as scary as this, because those two things aren't parameters to assess your worth, and wouldn't have much of an influence on your future. On the scale of things, writing an assignment is scarier. Everyone else seems to have it so neatly together, while I feel like my seams are falling apart. Of course, I wouldn't know because I haven't seen what they've been doing, and this might be a very pessimistic estimation I'm inflicting on myself, but best not to ignore it and reassure myself and slack off and spend more time watching tv or writing here and -

My eyes are this > -- small now, and I'm peeking through my eyelids with my laziest lazy-face on. Time to put myself out of my misery. Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment