Sunday 20 November 2011

Fear and loathing.

Something must be done about the cockroach on the third floor.
I was lying on the floor after a bout of migratory reading, having a very short nap. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was a large cockroach in my vicinity.
It's disgusting. The shape, the color. The way they move. The way their legs scuttle. The quick, loud scrapping noise it made when it scuttled across the room. Everything about it is positively nauseating. So much so, that I had no pity for the obvious, very potent fear it's clearly displaying.
Is this what racism is about? Is this why they gassed Jews in Nazi Germany? This irrational disgust and lack of pity and empathy and humanity?

I can't kill it, so I'll catch it and dispose of it somewhere. But where?

No comments:

Post a Comment