Thursday 17 November 2011

The assignment and Other Doings.

I'm 300 words until I reach my word limit, with loads more to stuff into my assignment. My assignment is a turkey given to me that is way too small for the stuffings I've prepared. But such is life.

Want to place bets on how much I'll exceed my word limit this time?

I've been a faithful visitor to the Guardian's fashion and beauty page, especially to the video-only content of their How to Dress segment. I'm not a stickler for fashion, and I hate buying clothes (all the changing and deliberating and assessing - they're a bother I'll only indulge in once a year); God knows why, but they're so therapeutic. I keep telling myself, Right, this is the last one. Go toil over your assignment now; but I keep watching another, and another, and another. I don't even plan to buy anything featured there because they're not really my style.
Is it a British thing? Shows and things about fashion and clothes and beauty that does the miracle of not irritating me? You should go watch an episode of Gok Wan's How to Look Good Naked, or some other of his fashion advice shows. They're also very therapeutic, and aren't ditzy and blonde and irritating.

*The Assignment and Other Doings would make a good band name, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment