Tuesday 22 November 2011

I wonder, does writing here gives the false impression of substantiality? Of intelligence, of sophistication, of wisdom, of having sound opinions?
Most of my days are spent struggling between working and not working; the time spent doing productive work and wanting a break from it, and the time spent flopping about while feeling guilty about not doing work. I'm a rather crude person, with an all-or-nothing way of emotionally reacting to something, which exhausts me. Being me exhausts me, and I'm rather bored of being me these days, after 20 years, if I'm honest about it. But still, I suppose this is the only mode of living since we're not allowed to be different people on different days. This is the character you're stuck with, which is very tedious.
Oh, I don't really know what's the point I'm trying to make, and this is written very badly. I'm swamped with assignments, and feeling rather uninspired.

I'll play my escape card and show you something brilliant instead of actually writing something.
This is Hugh Laurie, who besides being funny or being a TV doctor, is now also a certified blues musician.




If we can be different people on different days, I want to be Hugh Laurie on Tuesdays, please. Such intelligence, such wit. And I'd get to talk to Stephen Fry loads, which can't remotely be a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment