Monday 7 November 2011

Fantastic creatures.

Have you ever seen an animal that isn't absolutely wonderful?
Discounting the cases where the animals are ravaged with some disease, or abused to the point where they lose their majesty, animals of any sort naturally inspires a sort of awe, if you're sensitive towards those things.
It might be the majesty of a big cat, the dainty, quick cuteness of a domestic feline, the staunch look of a lizard, the eerie, human resemblance of a giant panda. They just have this sort of majesty humans don't.

Well, I suppose the human form is quite lovely too, if only they don't ruin all that lovely impression by speaking.

If I have my way, I'd have at least two furry creatures padding around the house.
A friend of mine has 14 (at last count) cats going in and out of the house throughout the day (being cats). I think that's wonderful.

I'll leave you with this picture of Tasmanian Tigers (now extinct).


Aren't they lovely? Dog-like with tigers' strips. Australia has a wonderful mix of animals so extraordinary you can't believe they're real.




* I met a dog in bad shape today. I don't know if it's the natural ravages strays go through, or if it was abused. It had haunting eyes - one brown and one black, used to give me a fleet, haunting look.
In the same vicinity, I saw a quick, adorable cat moving between tables soliciting for food. I noticed a long, wide scar on its back in between fish-feeding cycles. 
Now, I might be paranoid and very cynical, but I suspect abuse. 
I feed the strays outside my house. We have an odd sort of friendship. One of them is quite aggressive towards other dogs, and probably get into fights quite a lot (comes with the territory of being aggressive, I suppose), but they don't have scars or injuries that look like that. Both those animals have injuries that looked unnatural

No comments:

Post a Comment