Friday 21 October 2011

Updates.

1. So yeah, the cooking thing didn't work out (I think I mentioned the 'valiant sacrifice').
This friend I was talking about - I'm starting to think that Fate will forever render our relationship asunder, keeping us at physical distance even though we live so stupidly near to each other. Hitherto, our relationship will commence merely on facebook walls, by longingly posting up links of recipes + pretty pictures of food.
But Tuesday is the postponed-to date. We're probably making chocolate meringues.
If something turns up again to muck this up, then Fate, I'd like to have a word with you.

But I've also discovered the BBC's cooking website yesterday. Yay joy! It's a delight to use, and it's so well designed. Guaranteed to make even the laziest of you pick up the cooking-bug.

(Don't go about thinking I'm domesticated now. I hate that - this stupid Chinese checklist a woman has to have to be 'wife-material'. To this I bluntly say: 'fuck off'.
Cooking is just a very fun thing to channel your creative energy into. AND the end products can be eaten!
Besides, no decent 'wife-material' woman would be caught dead trying to make banana + honey + milo as comfort food. Therein I draw the distinction.)

2. The Big Bad Wolf Booksale thing didn't work out :(
Mostly because it's in The Middle of Goddamn Nowhere (you're also allowed to call it Serdang, I think). It's at somewhere I have to take two trains and a cab to get to, and be left with an absurd bill for the cab fares for my efforts. I don't feel very enthusiastic about taking a cab alone in Serdang anyway. I have been inculcated to fear taxi drivers, brought up with enough warnings to think that you should assume that they are All Evil until after you get off the cab and nothing happens to you. And so you should Never Get on a Taxi, and if you have to (say, to go to a library), you Have to Have a Friend With You. The last option isn't even entirely safe - it's something you should do only when you really must.
Long story short, two friends ended up cancelled on me (two!). And on the last day of the sale, when I happened to be in KL, I was sufficiently motivated to go alone, even with the taxi, but I wasn't wise enough to bring money you ought to bring to a booksale.
Needless to say I went home that day needing comfort food, and there is still a hole in my heart for beautiful new books that isn't filled yet :(
I will be heading to Booksxcess tomorrow to fill that gaping hole that can only be filled with new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment