Monday 17 October 2011

Utterly immodest, eccentrically so.

So I was wondering if I should pretend to be normal, like how a nice Chinese girl ought to behave, or if I should just rock the eccentricity. As it happens, I wondered aloud on twitter.

A friend tweeted back nice words of support, saying something along the lines of how I ought to rock the eccentricity, because I'm eccentric, not just weird like some other people are, which is a completely different category.

That I immodestly do not doubt. I mean, everyone else can be weird, but do they get so many sketch ideas in a day that they don't bother writing any down, because they know when they finally get around to making a sketch, they'll have materials anyway? Is their own mind a reliable source of entertainment? I think not.

But it would be nice to elevate this eccentricity into a glorious form. Instead of being mediocrely eccentric (something I suspect is my current state of affairs), and letting down all the eccentric people out there, I should be gloriously eccentric to the point where I elevate eccentricity into a quasi-art form.

Now this isn't easy at all, because normal people can be such haters, so you have to fight for your right to be eccentric and yet still be loved.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment